Type of website: Ecommerce
Effective date: 5th day of November, 2022
www.BlackHillsGoldSource.com (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Black Hills Gold Source LLC. Black Hills Gold Source LLC is the data controller and can be contacted at:
PO Box 638, Broomfield, CO 80038
- The personal data we will collect;
- Use of collected data;
- Who has access to the data collected;
- The rights of Site users; and
For users in the European Union, we adhere to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). For users in the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR as enshrined in the Data Protection Act 2018.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer as we do not fall within the categories of controllers and processors required to appoint a Data Protection Officer under Article 37 of the GDPR.
By using our Site users agree that they consent to:
Legal Basis for Processing
We collect and process personal data about users in the EU only when we have a legal basis for doing so under Article 6 of the GDPR.
We rely on the following legal bases to collect and process the personal data of users in the EU:
- Processing of user personal data is necessary for us or a third party to pursue a legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest is not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of users. Our legitimate interest(s) are: Order fulfillment and payment processing.; and
- Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to take, at the request of a user, steps before entering a contract or for the performance of a contract to which a user is a party. If a user does not provide the the personal data necessary to perform a contract the consequences are as follows: We cannot fulfill your order.
Personal Data We Collect
Data Collected Automatically
When you visit and use our Site, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
- IP address;
- Clicked links; and
- Content viewed.
Data Collected in a Non-Automatic Way
We may also collect the following data when you perform certain functions on our Site:
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Payment information; and
- Auto fill data.
This data may be collected using the following methods:
- Creating an account;
- Placing an order; and
- Leaving a product review.
How We Use Personal Data
The data we collect automatically is used for the following purposes:
- To better serve your shopping experience;
- Improve our store offerings;
- Send you information about your account and order;
- Process payments and prevent fraud;
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints;
- Set up your account for our store; and
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
The data we collect when the user performs certain functions may be used for the following purposes:
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.; and
- To fulfill your order.
Who We Share Personal Data With
We may share user data with the following third parties:
- Landstroms, Mt Rushmore Black Hills Gold and Black Hills Gold by TRJ;
- Paypal; and
- USPS, UPS.
- Google Analytics
We may share the following user data with third parties:
- Your information is not shared with any third parties except as needed.
We may share user data with third parties for the following purposes:
- To process your order (when the item you order will be shipped directly from the Black Hills Gold manufacturer);
- To process your payment (i.e., credit card data is securely processed by Paypal); and
- To ship your order via either the United States Postal Service (USPS) or UPS
- To inform, optimize and serve ads and product suggestions based on your past visits to our Service.
Third parties will not be able to access user data beyond what is reasonably necessary to achieve the given purpose.
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- If the law requires it;
- If it is required for any legal proceeding;
- To prove or protect our legal rights; and
- To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How Long We Store Personal Data
User data will be stored until the purpose the data was collected for has been achieved.
You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
International Data Transfers
We transfer user personal data to the following countries:
- United States.
If you are located in the United Kingdom or the European Union, we will only transfer your personal data if:
- The country your personal data is being transferred to has been deemed to have adequate data protection by the European Commission or, if you are in the United Kingdom, by the United Kingdom adequacy regulations; or
- We have implemented appropriate safeguards in respect of the transfer. For example, the recipient is a party to binding corporate rules, or we have entered into standard EU or United Kingdom data protection contractual clauses with the recipient..
Your Rights as a User
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed;
- Right of access;
- Right to rectification;
- Right to erasure;
- Right to restrict processing;
- Right to data portability; and
- Right to object.
We collect the personal data of children under 16 years of age. We only collect the personal data of children under 16 years of age with the express consent of their parents or guardians. This consent is collected as follows:
- If you are a parent or guardian and know that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, or if you would like to exercise any of your other rights under the GDPR, please contact our privacy officer here:
by email: [email protected]
by phone number: (303) 325-3980
Do Not Track Notice
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in certain web browsers. We respond to browser-initiated DNT signals. If we receive a DNT signal that indicates a user does not wish to be tracked, we will not track that user. We are not responsible for and cannot guarantee how any third parties who interact with our Site and your data will respond to DNT signals.
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user’s hard drive by a website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user’s browsing habits. You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is transmitted. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your internet browser, but this may decrease the quality of your user experience.
We use the following types of cookies on our Site:
- Functional cookies
Functional cookies are used to remember the selections you make on our Site so that your selections are saved for your next visits;
- Analytical cookies
Analytical cookies allow us to improve the design and functionality of our Site by collecting data on how you access our Site, for example data on the content you access, how long you stay on our Site, etc;
- Targeting cookies
Targeting cookies collect data on how you use the Site and your preferences. This allows us to personalize the information you see on our Site for you; and
- Third-Party Cookies
Third-party cookies are created by a website other than ours. We may use third-party cookies to achieve the following purposes:
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us through the contact methods listed in the Contact Information section so that we can, where possible, resolve the issue. If you feel we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact a supervisory authority. You also have the right to directly make a complaint to a supervisory authority.